Please scroll through the lists below and choose a pen-pal!
These are lists of queer and trans folks in prison who are in search of others to write them. There is no mention of what they were convicted of because the prison industrial complex is set up to imprison all sorts of people regardless of what they possibly could have done on the outside. This is a great opportunity for you to get to know someone and provide support to some one in great need of friendship and attention! You can read quick bios, search and filter based on gender/sex, sexuality, race, age, type of pen-pal friendships sought etc.
Lists of prisoners seeking pen-pals:
- Entire List
- In Solitary Confinement (could be up to 23 hours a day with no human contact in small cell)
- Transgender women (assigned male at birth, most listed identify as women)
- Cisgender women (assigned female at birth, most listed identify as women)
- Cisgender men (assigned male at birth, most listed identify as men)
- Transgender men (assigned female at birth, most listed identify as men) are not currently part of our lists
After you pick pen-pal(s):
- Before you write, take a look at our Pen-Pal Guidelines!
- Email your Prisoner Pen-Pal! Prisoners in TX, OH and PA can be emailed for the cost of a stamp at Jpay.com, and emailingaprisoner.com will email your letter to any prisoner, and email a scan of their handwritten letter back to you for $1 per letter!
- Please fill out the quick form below to help up keep track!
|Sign up for our monthly email updates with events, prisoner pen-pal tales, & ways to take action! Visit this group|
|Sign up to volunteer with Black & Pink in Boston! Visit this group|
|Sign up to volunteer with Black & Pink via the Internet! Visit this group|